HDMI 2.0b Specification is backwards compatible with earlier versions of the HDMI specification. It also enables key enhancements to support market requirements for enhancing the consumer video and audio experience.
What are the key advanced features enabled by HDMI 2.0b?
CEC extensions provide more expanded command and control of consumer electronics devices through a single control point
- Enables transmission of High Dynamic Range (HDR) video
- Bandwidth up to 18Gbps
- 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution
- Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience
- Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity
- Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen
- Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (Up to 4)
- Support for the wide angle theatrical 21:9 video aspect ratio
- Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams
HDMI 2.0b does not define new cables or new connectors. Current High Speed cables (Category 2 cables) are capable of carrying the increased bandwidth.